9 Days Lemosho route
9 Days Lemosho route climb tour begins on the western side of Mount Kilimanjaro. The Lemosho route is also called the Shira route when starts more north. The first 2 days of the Lemosho climb cross the thick rain-forest belt which then changes into heath and moorland with many ferns and ericas along the way. The small trail sometimes has very steep passages and goes through diverse landscapes. On the third day, the trail joins the Machame route. Compared to the Marangu and the Rongai route, the Lemosho route is more challenging.
- Day 1: Arrival in Tanzania – drive to Moshi
- Day 2: Trekking Londorossi Gate 2,250 meters to Mti Mkubwa Camp 2,780 meters.
- Day 3: Trekking Mti Mkubwa Camp 2,780 meters to Shira 1 Camp 3,500 mater.
- Day 4: Trekking Shira 1 Camp 3,500 meters to Shira 2 Camp 3,900 meters.
- Day 5: Trekking Shira 2 Camp 3,900 meters to Lava Tower 4,640 meter Barranco Camp 3,960 meter.
- Day 6: Trekking Barranco Camp 3,960 meters to Karanga Camp 4,035 meters.
- Day 7: Trekking Karanga Camp 4,035 meters to Barafu Camp 4,640 meters.
- Day 8: Trekking Barafu Camp 4,640 meters to Uhuru Peak 5,895 meters to Mweka Camp 3,080 meters.
- Day 9: Trekking Mweka Camp 3,080 meters to Mweka Gate 1,630 meters to Moshi.
Starting price per adult*
MORE SAFARI OPTIONS